SIU Investigating After Male Seriously Injured in Mississauga Collision
Case Number: 24-OVI-019
- At approximately 4:30 a.m., a driver fled from an officer in a cruiser after the officer attempted to stop the vehicle, which was believed to be stolen.
- The vehicle and a city bus collided at Dixie Road and Burnhamthorpe Road.
- The male driver of the vehicle was taken to hospital and treated for a serious injury.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES