SIU Investigating Death of Man in Guelph Collision
Case Number: 23-OVD-392
- At approximately 9:30 a.m., Guelph Police Service officers were requested to check on the wellbeing of a man. The man was also found to be subject to an arrest warrant.
- Officers located the man in a pickup truck in the area of Victoria Street and York Road.
- The man fled in the truck and officers pursued the man for a distance.
- The pickup truck collided with two civilian vehicles before it rolled several times near Victoria Road South and Clair Road East.
- The man was taken to hospital and pronounced deceased.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES