SIU Investigating Fatal Vehicle Collision in London
Case Number: 23-OVD-118
Other News Releases Related to Case 23-OVD-118
- At approximately 2:20 a.m. on April 19, 2023, a London Police Service officer was on patrol when she observed a GMC Sierra of interest in the area of Chesterfield Avenue and Thompson Road. The officer began to follow the Sierra.
- Shortly after, the driver of the Sierra took off at a high rate of speed.
- In the vicinity of Adelaide Street South and Thompson Road, the Sierra became involved in a collision with a Ford F-150.
- The female driver of the F-150 was pronounced deceased at the scene. The three occupants of the Sierra – two men and one woman – fled on foot. The woman was apprehended soon after and transported to hospital for treatment.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES