SIU Investigating Peel Police Officer-Involved Crash in Brampton
Case Number: 23-OVI-078
Other News Releases Related to Case 23-OVI-078
- At approximately midnight on March 11, 2023, the officer was on his way to a call about a suspicious vehicle.
- The officer was involved in a collision with another vehicle at Main Street and Archibald Street.
- The driver of the civilian vehicle was taken to hospital for treatment of serious injuries. The other two passengers were not seriously injured.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES