SIU Investigating Three-Vehicle Collision involving an OPP Cruiser
Case Number: 21-PVI-261
- Just before 9 p.m., on August 16, 2021, there was a collision on Ninth Line Road and Derry Side Road near Carleton Place.
- Two occupants were transported to hospital via ambulance. One person remains in hospital in serious condition and one person was treated for minor injuries.
- The officer was also taken to hospital and treated for minor injuries.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342