SIU Seeking Witnesses of Dirt Bike Riders Who Fled Toronto Police
Case Number: 23-TVI-106
Other News Releases Related to Case 23-TVI-106
- At approximately 9:20 p.m. on April 10, 2023, Toronto Police Service officers were called to the area of Victoria Park Avenue and Van Horne Avenue for reports of speeding motorcyclists.
- Two motorcyclists fled, while a third rider was arrested at the initial scene.
- Police located the two motorcyclists and they attempted to flee again.
- A short time later, one of the motorcyclists lost control and fell from the bike.
- The man was arrested and taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES