SIU Investigating Pickering Collision
Case Number: 23-OVI-051
Other News Releases Related to Case 23-OVI-051
- At approximately 3 a.m. on February 20, 2023, a Durham Regional Police Service officer attempted to stop a Mercedes-Benz on Bayly Street in Pickering. The vehicle fled and the officer pursued in his cruiser.
- A short distance away, at Bayly Street and Brock Road, the Mercedes-Benz became involved in a collision with another vehicle.
- A male passenger from the Mercedes-Benz was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES