SIU Investigating Officer-Involved Death of Man in Innisfil
Case Number: 22-OCD-267
Other News Releases Related to Case 22-OCD-267
- At approximately 8 p.m. on October 11, 2022, officers were called to a residence in the area of 25th Sideroad and 9th Line for a disturbance.
- Inside the residence, there was an exchange of gunfire between the man and officers.
- The man was pronounced deceased at the scene. Two officers were taken to hospital where they died.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES