SIU Seeking Witnesses of Woman’s Arrest at Lindsay Laundromat
Case Number: 22-OCI-210
Other News Releases Related to Case 22-OCI-210
- On Sunday, July 10, 2022, officers went to the Lindsay Dry Cleaners and Coin Laundry at 211 Kent Street W for a disturbance.
- Officers handcuffed the woman and brought her to the cruiser in the parking lot when there was an interaction.
- The woman was released from custody and subsequently went to hospital where she was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES