SIU Seeking Good Samaritan Nurse, Potential Witness of Serious Ottawa Police-Involved Crash
Case Number: 22-OVI-181
- At approximately 2:50 p.m. on Monday, July 4, 2022, an Ottawa Police Service officer struck a civilian vehicle in the intersection of Woodroffe Avenue and Fallowfield Road.
- The driver of the civilian vehicle suffered a serious injury. A woman and infant who were also in the vehicle were not seriously injured.
- A female ICU nurse, who happened to be near the scene on foot, provided assistance to the occupants of the civilian vehicle. SIU investigators wish to speak to her as she may have witnessed the crash.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES