SIU Investigating Serious Injuries Suffered by Man After Collision with Peel Police Cruiser in Brampton
Case Number: 22-OVI-033
Other News Releases Related to Case 22-OVI-033
- At approximately 5:22 a.m., there was a collision involving a cruiser and another vehicle at Torbram Road and Williams Parkway.
- The driver of the vehicle was transported to hospital and is being treated for serious injuries.
- The officer involved was also seriously injured.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES