SIU Investigating Police Vehicle, Motorcycle Crash in Clarington
Case Number: 21-OVI-258
Other News Releases Related to Case 21-OVI-258
- At approximately 6:45 p.m. on August 15, 2021, an officer in a police vehicle was involved in a collision with a motorcycle at the intersection of Green Road and Nash Road.
- A man, who was operating the motorcycle, and a female passenger were transported to a Toronto hospital with serious injuries.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES