SIU Investigating Collision in Gloucester
Case Number: 21-OVI-162
Other News Releases Related to Case 21-OVI-162
- At approximately 10 p.m. on May 22, 2021, Ottawa Police Service officers conducted a traffic stop of a Mercedes in the area of Donald Street and Cummings Avenue.
- A short time later, the vehicle fled. The officers followed briefly.
- In the intersection of Ogilvie Road and Cyrville Road, the Mercedes became involved in a collision with another vehicle.
- A woman from the second vehicle was transported to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342