SIU Investigating Collision Involving Ottawa Police Cruiser, Two Seriously Injured
Case Number: 21-OVI-339
Other News Releases Related to Case 21-OVI-339
- At approximately 7:57 p.m. on October 9, 2021, there was a collision involving an Ottawa Police Service cruiser and a vehicle in the intersection of Aviation Parkway and Privé La Cité in Ottawa.
- All three people involved in the collision were taken to hospital.
- The driver of the civilian vehicle and the passenger remain in hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
- The officer was treated for minor injuries and released from hospital.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES