SIU Investigating Toronto Police Cruiser, Motorcycle Collision
Case Number: 21-TVD-289
Other News Releases Related to Case 21-TVD-289
- At approximately 5:35 p.m. on September 3, 2021, an officer in a marked police vehicle and a man on a motorcycle collided at the intersection of College Street and University Avenue.
- The man riding the motorcycle was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
- The police officer was uninjured.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES