Update: Man Dead After Highway 115 Collision, CEW Discharge
Case Number: 21-OCD-332
Other News Releases Related to Case 21-OCD-332
- At approximately 12 noon on October 2, 2021, there was a single vehicle collision on Highway 115, north of Highway 407.
- There was an interaction with the man involved in the collision and the Durham Regional Police Service. Police deployed a CEW at the man.
- The man was taken to hospital in critical condition and was pronounced dead at 2:08 a.m. on October 3, 2021.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342