SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Brantford Arrest
Case Number: 23-OVI-021
Other News Releases Related to Case 23-OVI-021
- At approximately 9:30 p.m. on January 17, 2023, a Chevrolet Uplander left the Brantford Commons plaza. The driver traveled south on King George Road and then east on Dunsdon Street. At Dunsdon Street and Winding Way, the vehicle struck a tree.
- The man fled the vehicle on foot, and was subsequently arrested by police on Edinburgh Court.
- The man was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES